Whenever I plan a trip, I used to list all the essential items for the trip as per the climatic conditions and most of the times I missed some important items while making the list and ended up in fuss. So in this post I'm going to share all the important items that should be part of backpack while going for a trip. I'm going to organize this post with all the information about the back pack stuff that are essential for all the trips in common first and for specific trips latter in the post.
Essential Backpack stuff for all Trips:-
- Print all the necessary tickets and hotel booking vouchers.
- Make a list of all important contacts, like travel agents, cab bookings and hotels
- Even though you have credit or debit cards, carry sufficient amount of cash with you so that you dont have to waste time for searching the ATM's if any one refuse to take cards.
- Its always better to have a hard copy of all the places you are going to visit and also road maps, location maps if necessary.
- Don't forget to take Chargers for both cameras and mobile phones. If you have an SLR camera then carry lens along with your camera.
- One of the most important thing for a trip will be medicines. Apart from the regular medications (if you have any), keep at-least one sheet of tablets for fever, cold, headache, vomiting, motion sickness. Also carry a pain killer spray, a cough syrup, Band aids, dettol and a mosquito repellent cream.
- Please take sufficient amount of clothes. Please don't pack your bag completely with clothes as you may carry some more stuff while coming back from the trip.
- Irrespective of the season you are traveling, please take one blanket with you.
- Always take some food like biscuits, chips, chocolates and water bottles. Keep updating your food bag and it will be very useful if you struck in the traffic or your train got delayed which we can't avoid.
- Please take one small back pack with you, so that you can keep food, water and medicines in that bag. Always carry that bag, even you can keep you wallets, cameras and lappy.
- Carry an small recyclable bag for keeping all the food waste instead of littering.
- If you want to keep your bags in the Railway station Cloak Room, then carry a lock along with your bag. Railway cloakrooms require bags to be locked.
- Last and also the least important will be the cosmetics. But you can carry soaps, comb, shampoo, wet tissues, tooth paste, tooth brush, trimmer and a body spray.
- Some miscellaneous thing includes a Torch, a note book and a pen, towels, belt.
Apart from those mentioned above, there are some stuff which should be taken as per climatic conditions. A brief list of all such items are listed as follow:
Traveling in Winter:-
|(Rohtang Pass in December)|
- Most Important thing to carry in winter will be a Jacket or a sweater, that is capable of protecting you from cold winds.
- Carry at-least one pair of Thermals, so that it will help you in case your jacket is not completely protecting you.
- Good pair of shoes along with at-least three pairs cotton socks and also hand gloves.
- A monkey Cap, and also optional shawl.
- If you are going to snow peaks, then wear as per your guide or local people says to you. And also carry shades with, as you may experience glare due to the sunlight.
- Some people may faint because of the sudden decrease in the temperature while you are in the snow. So learn how to do first-aid for such cases by clicking the link http://beth811.hubpages.com/hub/What-to-do-when-people-faint-First-aid-for-fainting
- Another important thing to carry in winter trips is Lip Guard and cold cream. Apply this frequently if the climate is very cool.
Traveling in Summer:-
- The most important thing to carry will be the water bottles. And if possible carry some glucose with you if you are going to walk under the sun.
- Try to start you day little bit early before the sun rise so that you can take some rest in afternoon.
- Sun screen lotions are very essential thing in the summer. And body sprays are also very useful.
- Please carry a cap and also shades with you.
- Mostly carry half sleeves t-shirts and shorts.
- But if you are traveling to a hill station or a cold region, then carry a blankets and a jerkin.
Traveling in Monsoon:-
- Please carry a jacket or a rain coat along with the cap, so that you wont get drenched in the rain.
- Avoid taking jeans and pack more amount of shorts and capris.
- It is always better to carry an small umbrella even though you are taking an jacket with you.
- Wear only sandals that has belts. Avoid wearing slippers or shoes.
- Carry empty covers with you so that you can keep wet clothes in that cover.
- Please carry a small waterproof bag, so that you can keep cameras and mobile phone while you are in the rain.
If you are planning to visit in Goa, irrespective of the climatic conditions, please throw away all the trousers from your bag and put some shorts or capris. Goa is always hot in every aspect!!!